Today’s teenagers are under so much pressure, Yoga is a powerful antidote.
It’s a sad fact that mental health issues and self harm are rocketing among this section of the population. Another real issue is that many teenage girls drop out of sport altogether.
But being a teenager can and should be an exciting time of new opportunities.
Yoga can help teens to make the most of this time by:
- Helping them to learn how to de stress and stay calm in difficult situations
- Promoting a positive self image and self acceptance, a powerful message for the self conscious or those with low self esteem
- Encouraging them to look after themselves and avoid negative patterns of behaviour
- Teaching them to be present rather than constantly worrying about the future
- Yoga maybe a more appealing option to those who feel they are “not sporty” as it’s non competitive and focuses on the process rather than the end result
I have also taught Yoga to teenagers in secondary schools including Edmonton County and Broomfield School. This is a great way to introduce this age group to the many benefits it can bring.
If you are a secondary school teacher and would like to find out about Yoga classes for your pupils, please Contact me.